4 Misconceptions Of Mold 

mold removal kansas city, mold remediation kansas city, mold cleanup kansas cityWhen it comes to mold, there are a lot of misconceptions out there. In order to understand the seriousness of your indoor mold situation, you need correct information and an accurate assessment of the mold found in your home. Kade Cleaning Systems is a certified mold removal company serving Kansas City and surrounding areas. We understand the biology of mold, and its growth, which is why we are going to clarify 4 common misconceptions about mold so that you can respond correctly, and get the correct removal technicians if you find mold in your home. 

Mold Removal In Kansas City 

 Mold Is Only Dangerous If It Is Black.

You know that saying; ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover?’ Well, the same can be said for mold. The color of mold does not determine how dangerous it is. Hazardous molds can be many different colors including (but not limited to): brown, green, yellow, or white. Any type of indoor mold that has been able to grow for a prolonged period of time can release enough spores into the air to cause respiratory symptoms to those exposed to it, especially those who are already sensitive to allergies, with compromised immune systems, or the chronically ill, elderly, and infants.  Do not disregard mold because it is not black. 

Mold Is Toxic To Humans.

Toxic means poisonous, so calling mold toxic implies that it is poisonous to those who come in contact with it. It is important to understand that while mold can be toxigenic, it is not toxic. Again, there is no toxic mold. There are molds that are toxigenic though – meaning the spores that they release into the air can cause numerous health conditions in those who are exposed to it. Stachybotrys, better known as black mold, is one of the most common toxigenic molds associated with health risks and symptoms. Different molds have different levels of toxicity, and while not all are as strong as black mold, they all decrease air quality and need to be removed correctly and quickly. 

Only Homes With Water Damage Grow Mold.

Water damaged homes do, in fact, have a much higher risk of having a mold problem. However, mold and mildews are always present inside (and outside too). Mold spores are all over in the air, just waiting to land on a surface that facilitates growth. Moisture is needed for mold to grow, so any area in your home that is exposed to water will facilitate mold growth. From showers and sinks, to water heaters and hoses, the potential for mold growth is present in every single home. Again, all homes (and buildings and offices) have the potential to have a mold problem. 

DIY Mold Removal Isn’t An Adequate Solution To A Mold Problem. 

You can find DIY tutorials, instructions, and solutions to almost anything these days. Many DIY techniques for mold removal suggest using bleach to remove mold. While bleach is a very strong and effective surface cleaner, mold cannot be treated with this DIY method alone. Without the proper training, techniques, experience, and equipment, mold can be left behind in porous materials, be spread around, and left in areas we cannot see (behind walls, in ceilings, under floors, etc). For safe, adequate, and thorough mold removal, call in the professionals. 

When it comes to mold, do not rely solely on the information found on the Internet. Call the experts at Kade Cleaning Systems to evaluate your home, and provide you with the best remediation options. They are trained removal specialists and will give you the treatment and service that you deserve! Call now! 

Contact Us

If this is an emergency, please call (816) 888-9653 for immediate help 24/7.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.