Water damage happens fast, and usually when you least expect it. Since repairing water damage is never convenient, sometimes it can get put off or delayed. The thing about water damage, though, is that it only gets worse the longer it is present. The only way to minimize damage is to get it repaired as soon as possible; if not, you risk even more problems arising. Here are just a few reasons why you should never delay water damage repair in your Blue Springs home:
Water is an excellent conductor of electricity; therefore, water and electricity do not mix. Standing water in your home can become hazardous and even deadly when it has compromised the electrical system. Naked electrical wires that are exposed to water damage create a huge risk of electrocution. As soon as you notice water damage, turn off all power to the affected area. Then, call professionals as soon as possible to protect your wiring from deterioration and keep your electrical system functioning safely and effectively .
The basic materials that make up the structural elements of your home, like wood, cement, and sheetrock, are all porous – meaning they can (and will) absorb water. When the cement foundation of your home has been exposed to water, it can cause cracks to occur. When wood that makes up the framing of your, home from the ceilings to the floor joists, is exposed to water, it can begin to swell, warp, and even buckle. When sheetrock and drywall have reached maximum absorption, they will begin to buckle, crack, and break. If water is not extracted right away, and structural drying and dehumidification are prolonged, the result could be expensive structural problems and repairs. When the structural integrity of your home is compromised, it is no longer safe and water damage repair becomes much more extensive.
Mold is a resilient fungus that is found naturally occurring both indoors and outdoors. Mold grows and reproduces through microscopic spores that can survive dormant on surfaces for extended periods of time. Once moisture becomes available, or water is introduced to the area, mold spores will begin to grow. In fact, in as little as 48 hours after water damage has occurred, mold can begin to grow. Mold growth can cause a number of health symptoms in those who are exposed to it. Since mold spores travel through the air, they are easily spread throughout the home and picked up by our respiratory system. Mold exposure can cause itchy and burning eyes and throat, cough, congestion, shortness of breath, headaches, and fatigue (just to name a few). When left unresolved, mold will only continue to grow and spread, as long as the source of water is still available. That leaves a very small window for water damage repair to begin in order to mitigate mold growth, which is why you should call Kade Cleaning systems right away when you need water damage repair.
If this is an emergency, please call (816) 888-9653 for immediate help 24/7.